WINDERMERE update,boatbuilding in the boonies 2

  • Peter Lenihan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2002
      Bolgerados,
      Finally got back my pictures all scanned and now a few select
      ones have been up-loaded to the Bolger2 files section under
      Windermere construction photos.The latest ones are all refered to
      as "boat" followed by a 4 digit number.
      At present,all the bulkheads are completed and stored under
      the building jig and I have begun to make patterns for the box keel
      fillets which must be installed before the bottom gets turned right
      side up.Unfortunately,with our weather going from bad to worse,I
      doubt that this will be accomplished before the spring time frenzy.
      Winter time will be used to pre-fab the centerboard,the CB box
      along with lots of other odds and ends including the hull sides and
      roof laminations required by my,as yet, "not designer approved"
      modifications.
      I will be sending our HERO a picture album of the work so far
      and speak of these mods. Hopefully,he will take it all in stride!
      However, for anyone interested in attempting the same
      thing,kindly keep in mind that these are strictly my own
      modifications which do somewhat complicate the as designed building
      process.Do it at your own risk/respondsibility.
      Hope you all like the pictures!
      Sincerely,
      Peter Lenihan,looking out at a cloudy and very windy day,along the
      shores of the St.Lawrence.............