Re: ARRRGH summer is over!

  • joannabruce4338
    Message 1 of 62 , Oct 1, 2002
      TY for ideas. What else do you know about area?

      I have fond memories of running into an "International Bagpipe
      Festival" one fall, somewhere near North Hero I think.

      We will be in a family compound of which I philosophically
      disapprove, but am willing to use when offered by a close family
      friend. I long ago decided it is better to know rich people than to
      be one.

      --- In bolger@y..., "Lincoln Ross" <lincolnr@r...> wrote:
      > Are the leaves already turning up there?
      >
      > If you're in South Hero and the weather is good, you might try
      > launching from the town beach (not sure if this is officially
      allowed,
      > but so what?) and taking a little trip to Carleton's Prize, a
      bizarre,
      > very small (100' or less LOA?), very tall (20' +?) island. It's the
      > tiny island between the two big ones. BUt there's plenty of other
      nice
      > places on the lake, including many more sheltered ones.
      >

      > --- In bolger@y..., "joannabruce4338" <jbn@p...> wrote:
      > > Wife and I are leaving on vacation for Vermont, where I will put
      my
      > > Elegant Punt in Lake Champlain, putter around with my British
      > Seagull
      > > Outboard on its stern, and watch the leaves change.
      > >
      > > Re Seagulls: Has anyone looked at the Round the Island Seagull
      Race
      > > (RISR) web site? A great bit of foolishness that might be of
      > > interest to Bolgerites. There is an annual round the island race
      in
      > > Bermuda restricted to craft propelled by British Seagull
      Outboards.
    • Harry James
      Message 62 of 62 , Sep 26, 2011
        Ah Hugo the quotes aside you are caught in a bit of an exchange of American culture from long ago. I have the same name as a very famous band leader and trumpet player from the 40's 50's. He was married to Betty Grable the best known pin up of WWII. Sorry for the very off topic trip.

        http://iconicphotos.wordpress.com/2009/05/18/betty-garble-pin-up/

        HJ

        The Rub, well..I'm not really sure what to make of this, were you baptised in a Bolger Boat..and I don't really like your quote...fields of battle etc..... inciting violence!  This is about Bolger's Boats....NOT religion!

        From: welshman@...
        Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 20:32:38 -0800

        You date yourself with that comment.

        My very fist memory in life was going in for a Tonsillectomy at the age of 5 and the nurse asking "where's your trumpet Harry", it was not the last time I heard that, pretty rare these days.

        HJ

        Wow, I didn't realize we had some really famous folks in this group: Harry James and Mark Hamill!