Re: Books (& magazines)

  • rdchamberland
    Message 1 of 62 , Oct 1, 2002
      Hi All, A reminder that I still have many books likely to be of
      interest to this site. I have posted an up to date revised list on
      bolger2. Many of these books will go for little more than the cost of
      postage.

      I also have an almost complete set of Woodenboat. There are only one
      or two issues missing. I have MAIB from the time Small Boat Journal
      went to pot. Copies of WBJ are available. The magazines are free for
      whomever wants to pick them up.

      Bob Chamberland
    • Harry James
      Message 62 of 62 , Sep 26, 2011
        Ah Hugo the quotes aside you are caught in a bit of an exchange of American culture from long ago. I have the same name as a very famous band leader and trumpet player from the 40's 50's. He was married to Betty Grable the best known pin up of WWII. Sorry for the very off topic trip.

        http://iconicphotos.wordpress.com/2009/05/18/betty-garble-pin-up/

        HJ

        The Rub, well..I'm not really sure what to make of this, were you baptised in a Bolger Boat..and I don't really like your quote...fields of battle etc..... inciting violence!  This is about Bolger's Boats....NOT religion!

        From: welshman@...
        Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 20:32:38 -0800

        You date yourself with that comment.

        My very fist memory in life was going in for a Tonsillectomy at the age of 5 and the nurse asking "where's your trumpet Harry", it was not the last time I heard that, pretty rare these days.

        HJ

        Wow, I didn't realize we had some really famous folks in this group: Harry James and Mark Hamill!