Minnkota to the Rescue

  • teakdeck@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1 6:59 PM
      Having converted my Windsprint to a trimaran (see article on
      Duckworksmagazine.com), I can't tack out of the marina where I launch the
      boat in south Puget Sound. My neighbor let me use his Minnkota trolling
      motor. What an addition to my boat!

      I tooled silently out of the channel and into the bay. There I shut off the
      motor and raised the sail. Off I went. Well, not really, very little wind.
      But no problem, the little electric motor helped to finish off a few under
      powered tacks and got me back to the dock. I even motorsailed for a bit.

      The Windsprint trimaran brings a number of big boat advantages to a small
      package. I can easily stand up in the boat and move around. Now with a motor
      on the crossbeam I can get in and out of places not easy to sail in. I can
      venture farther out, knowing I can get back if the wind dies. Now if I can
      just devise a comfortable chair!

      Mike Masten