WDJ #2 with all sails up under the maple tree

  • bjharbo
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2002
      Picture uploaded to the Photo Section.
      To be launched on Tuesday!
      Bjørn
    • ellengaestboatbuildingcom
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 2002
        Bjorn,
        Absolutely beautiful!! I can not wait to see shots of her
        sailing along and some interior pictures,yum,yum!
        Your building experience is a great testament for all amateur
        boatbuilders and shows what passion and perserverance can give
        us.Especially for those who think they must have a perfect
        shop,building site and mild year long weather.Well,sir,you prove it
        can all be done in less then perfect conditions!Congrats!!!

        P.S. Any syrup in them trees Bjorn? You could make yourself a
        delicious maple syrup bitch for the launch day snack!
        Sincerely,
        Peter Lenihan,already dreaming of his own launch day late next year
        if I do not screw up big time with WINDERMERE........

        --- In bolger@y..., "bjharbo" <bharbo@o...> wrote:
        > Picture uploaded to the Photo Section.
        > To be launched on Tuesday!
        > Bjørn
      • brucehector
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3, 2002
          I will occasionaly admit to being Canadian, but every once in a while
          something crops up to humble my knowledge of Canadiana and trivia.

          Peter, pray tell, what is a "maple syrop bitch", my curiosity
          overwelms me. Perhaps I'll have to start going to "sugaring off"
          events and maples syrop festivals. What have I been missing?
        • ellengaestboatbuildingcom
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 3, 2002
            Ah Bruce,
            The tales I could tell that would keep you up all night! The
            maple syrup bitch,despite it's provocative appelation,is nothing more
            then a cheap sponge cake sitting(bathing?) in a pool of hot maple
            syrup.Sometimes for a bit of excitement,cornbread is substituted for
            the sponge cake.It may also be worthwhile mentioning the absolute
            importance of using nothing but REAL maple syrup and not that other
            stuff passing itself for what it is not.The French call it,"sirop de
            poteau"....pole(telephone) syrup.YUK!
            At any rate,always a pleasure to be useful/helpful and to further
            matters,just about anything put under a sponge cake
            (blueberries,strawberries etc....) will turn it into a bitch!
            Delcious when served with a robust port..lots of port!!
            Sincerely,
            Peter Lenihan,getting hungry again at work...damit!

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 4, 2002
              Dear Peter,
              Thanks a lot for your kind words. The WDJ was successfully launched
              yesterday and SAILED! I'll be back with a report and photos.
              Bjørn
            • futabachan
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 4, 2002
                > The WDJ was successfully launched
                > yesterday and SAILED! I'll be back with a report and photos.
                > Bjørn

                Yay! Congratulations!

                -- Sue --
                (who's been dealing with I60 withdrawal by spending lots of time
                hiking in the mountains on the Appalachian Trail)

                --
                Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
              • Leoandsandy@Juno.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 4, 2002
                  Sue- What is I60 withdrawal? Leo
                • David Ryan
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 4, 2002
                    >Sue- What is I60 withdrawal? Leo

                    I60 withdrawl afflicts those silly enough to commission 60' folding
                    sharpie schooner. I suffer from it myself.

                    More info can be found at:

                    http://www.crumblingempire.com/insolent
                    --

                    C.E.P.