Re: [bolger] Re: Cabin Clam Skiff Photo

  • Sakari Aaltonen
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 2 12:33 PM
      > ........... Enjoy her. Does she have a name?
      >
      > Bruce

      In theory, she has, TYYNE AALTONEN after my late mother. But I
      found painting the registration plates so much trouble I haven't
      got around to painting the name. Lazy, I know...

      Sakari Aaltonen
    • dbaldnz
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 2 12:34 PM
        Very Nice boat Sakari, and what a beautiful location.
        How many horsepower is the motor, and how fast does she go?
        DonB

        --- In bolger@y..., Sakari Aaltonen <sakari@a...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        > a photo of my Cabin Clam Skiff is at
        >
        > http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/projects/sakari/index.htm
        >

        > Sakari Aaltonen
      • Sakari Aaltonen
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 2 12:48 PM
          > I'll bet part of the problem is the inherent difficulty in precisely
          > maneuvering a shallow flattie with a lot of windage.

          I really can't say; I haven't tried this with other kinds of boat.

          > I'm trying to plan a business trip to Finland for later in the month of
          > August, I'd love to see your boat if our schedules permit. (I work for a
          > Finnish company, BTW).
          >
          > JB

          You are welcome, of course. But note that I'll be on vacation for two
          weeks starting Friday the 9th. I'll be going to the 'quiet lake' that
          is mentioned on Duckworks; I'm building a small sailboat for this right
          now (can't afford a trailer for the CC Skiff.)

          By the way, the Duckworks text was not intended to be published.
          It was just meant as an explanation why I wasn't prepared to
          write an article...

          Sakari Aaltonen
        • Sakari Aaltonen
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 2 12:56 PM
            > Very Nice boat Sakari, and what a beautiful location.
            > How many horsepower is the motor, and how fast does she go?
            > DonB

            Thank you. The engine is a 40HP four-stroke Yamaha. I don't
            know how fast she goes; I don't have a measuring device.
            She feels plenty fast.

            Sakari Aaltonen
          • announcer97624
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 2 3:50 PM
              Sakari, you have a very fine boat there. How long did it take to
              complete? I hope you did not suffer a major loss when your boat was
              vandalized. It is a shame that others show such little respect for
              another persons labor and dreams.

              I was under the impression that Finland was a particularly law
              abiding country with no crime to speak of. I am curious about the
              charges in your country to register your boat?

              John

              --- In bolger@y..., Sakari Aaltonen <sakari@a...> wrote:
              > Hello,
              > a photo of my Cabin Clam Skiff is at
              >
              > http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/projects/sakari/index.htm
              >

              > Sakari Aaltonen
            • Sakari Aaltonen
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 3 12:59 AM
                > How long did it take to complete?

                About seven months - I started in December. But the boat is not
                really complete. There are no lights, for example.

                > I was under the impression that Finland was a particularly law
                > abiding country with no crime to speak of.

                Yeah, well, I suppose there are worse places...

                > I am curious about the
                > charges in your country to register your boat?
                >
                > John

                25EUR (about 25USD). Boats with outboards up to 20HP do
                not have to be registered.

                Sakari Aaltonen