And Now, for something completely different!

  • lulalake_1999
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2002
      In my search for unusual boats I came across this really cool site

      http://www.squero.com/index.html

      It's the site of an Italian Gondola maker. It includes the history,
      the evolution, construction pics, and the techniques of gondola
      rowing and best of all, in its "Shop" link, there are plans, kits,
      and full boats available.

      Interesting to learn that gondolas are sharpies with asymmetric
      hulls! There's even a sailing version with a truly odd rig.

      This is a trippy, bitchin site! (Uh oh, showing my age and early
      influences)

      Jules
    • proaconstrictor
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2002
        > Interesting to learn that gondolas are sharpies with asymmetric
        > hulls! There's even a sailing version with a truly odd rig.
        >
        > This is a trippy, bitchin site! (Uh oh, showing my age and early
        > influences)

        In fact, isn't the world just a sharpie... No man, the Universe is a
        sharpie...

        Sorry.