RE: [bolger] Sail No Protocol

  • Paul Lefebvre
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2002
      you could take the greek letter used for 'micro', which looks like a
      longhand lower-case u, and stretch it to make it 'long'.....

      ;-)

      Paul L.

    • ghartc
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2002
        I'm sure you know this, but the sail number is the serial number of
        the boat. In the case of homebuilts that are raced, the class
        association that governs the design awards the number when
        you "register" your boat (pay the dues). In the absence of a class,
        what you need to do(?) is estimate or calculate the number of LM's
        built and assign yourself that number plus one. Maybe you could find
        out the number of plans sold and estimate a completion ratio.

        However, the more civic-minded thing to do would be to start a class
        association for the Long Micro ;-}

        Gregg Carlson

        --- In bolger@y..., "dukepryer" <dukepryer@e...> wrote:
        > Hello fellow Bolger builders/ sailers.
        >
        > I have just ordered the sails for my Long Micro, and the sailmakers
        > asked me if I wanted a number on the sail.
        >
        > My question, is there an established protocol . i.e. LM ****
        > SOMETHING.
        >
        > Has anyone put numbers or any identification on their sails.
        > My original thought were to put LM and then the plan issue no, but
        > there is no issue number on the plans.
        >

        > Any thoughts ?
        >

        > Andrew Pryer
        > Victoria
        > Australia
      • dukepryer
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2002
          Paul that's the kind of quirky yet lateral thinking I like , how is
          it pronounced , does it sound the same as the English 'U" .