Re: Talc vs Microlight

  • proaconstrictor
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
      --- In bolger@y..., "rnlocnil" <lincolnr@r...> wrote:
      > If their other stuff is priced like West's epoxy, you can save big
      > bucks by buying 410 equivalent someplace else. I don't remember
      what
      > 410 is, but I seem to recall microballoons are not prohibitively
      > expensive mail ordered.

      410 - "Microlight mixes with greater ease than 407 Low-Density filler
      or microballoons and is approximately 30% easier to sand."

      I don't know what they put in 410, they have never been forthcoming
      about it, as far as I have seen. My guess has always been that it is
      some product like Talc, but with a binder built into it so that it
      doesn't end up all over the place. It is probably the neatest
      material to mix of any. I am pretty sweet on 410 actualy, just not
      this time on this boat.