Re: [bolger] Vacation at PB&F?

  • Sakari Aaltonen
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
      > Anyone been in touch with the firm lately (the last week)? I usually
      > get quick replies to my faxes but haven't heard anything for more
      > than a week.
      > Bjørn

      I, too, have had quick replies in the past. However, no reply to
      the fax I sent three weeks ago (on launching my Cabin Clam Skiff.)
      So I mailed a letter.

      Sakari Aaltonen
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2002
        > Anyone been in touch with the firm lately (the last week)?

        Phil Bolger responded to a message I faxed to him on Saturday, with a
        handwritten note dated Monday, but faxed to me on Wednesday 8/31.

        He answered several questions about Micro Navigator:

        1) The mainsheet is run from one sternpost to a pulley on the end of the
        boom to another pulley on the other sternpost, and from there into the
        cabin.

        2) The diameter of the mainmast is measured 4" OUTSIDE diameter, not inside
        diameter. [A wood stave mast would be OK too, untapered]

        3) The reason for holding the berths away from the sides of the boat is to
        avoid condensation coming into contact with the bedding.

        4) A 4 h.p. - 4 Stroke outboard would be good.

        5) They sell copies of Schorpeion for $15 ppd, but only if I will promise
        not to take it seriously.

        ===
        BTW: Is anybody else around here excited by the Sitka Explorer in the latest
        issue of MAIB, a blend of Tahiti and Topaz? I think it is really excellent.
      • announcer97624
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2002
          Bruce, The Sitka Explorer I saw in my first copy of my subscription
          to MAIB looks wonderful. Now I know why everyone who reads MAIB is so
          informed on Bolger designs. I was impressed with everything in the
          magazine. No flash, just facts. Through this forum I was able to
          stumble upon the gold mine of information in that wonderful magazine.

          What good fortune to have a forum plus a magazine that delve into a
          favorite and exciting subject(for me at least).

          John

          --- In bolger@y..., "Bruce Hallman" <bruceh@t...> wrote:
          > > Anyone been in touch with the firm lately (the last week)?
          >
          > Phil Bolger responded to a message I faxed to him on Saturday,
          with a
          > handwritten note dated Monday, but faxed to me on Wednesday 8/31.
          >
          > He answered several questions about Micro Navigator:
          >
          > 1) The mainsheet is run from one sternpost to a pulley on the end
          of the
          > boom to another pulley on the other sternpost, and from there into
          the
          > cabin.
          >
          > 2) The diameter of the mainmast is measured 4" OUTSIDE diameter,
          not inside
          > diameter. [A wood stave mast would be OK too, untapered]
          >
          > 3) The reason for holding the berths away from the sides of the
          boat is to
          > avoid condensation coming into contact with the bedding.
          >
          > 4) A 4 h.p. - 4 Stroke outboard would be good.
          >
          > 5) They sell copies of Schorpeion for $15 ppd, but only if I will
          promise
          > not to take it seriously.
          >
          > ===
          > BTW: Is anybody else around here excited by the Sitka Explorer in
          the latest
          > issue of MAIB, a blend of Tahiti and Topaz? I think it is really
          excellent.
        • Harry W. James
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2002
            .Oh darn you guys who are closer to the source and read MAIB first and
            then leave oh so tantalizing hints.

            HJ Who flew by the back side of Baranof today with Sitka on the other
            side. The sun was shining, the wind was rippling a thousand sheltered
            coves that are awaiting the Explorer and salmon were splashing
            everywhere.