Re: Black Skimmer experience

  • pvanderwaart
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      > The most important modification I made, which gave me much more
      confidence
      > in heavy weather, was a pair of davits (?) and multipart tackles to
      raise
      > the leeboards...

      I think "crane" is the word, rather than "davit", but would be
      interested in the opinions of others on the matter.

      The lifting of leeboards is one of the areas where PCB often either
      skimps on the mechanical advantage or leaves the detail off the
      drawing, or both. The Cynthia J. plans don't show any method at all,
      as I recall.

      PHV