Vacation at PB&F?

  • bjharbo
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1 3:57 AM
      Anyone been in touch with the firm lately (the last week)? I usually
      get quick replies to my faxes but haven't heard anything for more
      than a week.
      Bjørn
    • Sakari Aaltonen
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1 11:27 AM
        > Anyone been in touch with the firm lately (the last week)? I usually
        > get quick replies to my faxes but haven't heard anything for more
        > than a week.
        > Bjørn

        I, too, have had quick replies in the past. However, no reply to
        the fax I sent three weeks ago (on launching my Cabin Clam Skiff.)
        So I mailed a letter.

        Sakari Aaltonen
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2 7:15 AM
          > Anyone been in touch with the firm lately (the last week)?

          Phil Bolger responded to a message I faxed to him on Saturday, with a
          handwritten note dated Monday, but faxed to me on Wednesday 8/31.

          He answered several questions about Micro Navigator:

          1) The mainsheet is run from one sternpost to a pulley on the end of the
          boom to another pulley on the other sternpost, and from there into the
          cabin.

          2) The diameter of the mainmast is measured 4" OUTSIDE diameter, not inside
          diameter. [A wood stave mast would be OK too, untapered]

          3) The reason for holding the berths away from the sides of the boat is to
          avoid condensation coming into contact with the bedding.

          4) A 4 h.p. - 4 Stroke outboard would be good.

          5) They sell copies of Schorpeion for $15 ppd, but only if I will promise
          not to take it seriously.

          ===
          BTW: Is anybody else around here excited by the Sitka Explorer in the latest
          issue of MAIB, a blend of Tahiti and Topaz? I think it is really excellent.
        • announcer97624
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2 7:57 AM
            Bruce, The Sitka Explorer I saw in my first copy of my subscription
            to MAIB looks wonderful. Now I know why everyone who reads MAIB is so
            informed on Bolger designs. I was impressed with everything in the
            magazine. No flash, just facts. Through this forum I was able to
            stumble upon the gold mine of information in that wonderful magazine.

            What good fortune to have a forum plus a magazine that delve into a
            favorite and exciting subject(for me at least).

            John

            --- In bolger@y..., "Bruce Hallman" <bruceh@t...> wrote:
            > > Anyone been in touch with the firm lately (the last week)?
            >
            > Phil Bolger responded to a message I faxed to him on Saturday,
            with a
            > handwritten note dated Monday, but faxed to me on Wednesday 8/31.
            >
            > He answered several questions about Micro Navigator:
            >
            > 1) The mainsheet is run from one sternpost to a pulley on the end
            of the
            > boom to another pulley on the other sternpost, and from there into
            the
            > cabin.
            >
            > 2) The diameter of the mainmast is measured 4" OUTSIDE diameter,
            not inside
            > diameter. [A wood stave mast would be OK too, untapered]
            >
            > 3) The reason for holding the berths away from the sides of the
            boat is to
            > avoid condensation coming into contact with the bedding.
            >
            > 4) A 4 h.p. - 4 Stroke outboard would be good.
            >
            > 5) They sell copies of Schorpeion for $15 ppd, but only if I will
            promise
            > not to take it seriously.
            >
            > ===
            > BTW: Is anybody else around here excited by the Sitka Explorer in
            the latest
            > issue of MAIB, a blend of Tahiti and Topaz? I think it is really
            excellent.
          • Harry W. James
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 2 11:38 PM
              .Oh darn you guys who are closer to the source and read MAIB first and
              then leave oh so tantalizing hints.

              HJ Who flew by the back side of Baranof today with Sitka on the other
              side. The sun was shining, the wind was rippling a thousand sheltered
              coves that are awaiting the Explorer and salmon were splashing
              everywhere.