Black skimmer experience

  • Wayne Gilham / Gig Harbor Yacht Sales
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2002
      About an easy-to-raise&lower mast system for Black Skimmer (to avoid the
      tabernacle on such a long mast): I have sketches from Phil himself, for a
      gunter rig -- a sliding gunter as I remember. Idea here is that the short
      mainmast is easy to set, then the moving spar (lighter diameter) can be
      hauled up with the halyard(?). Phil thought it might not hold quite as
      tight to windward, otherwise would work well.

      Regards,
      Wayne Gilham
      Associate Broker
      Gig Harbor Yacht Sales