Re: $80,000 Bolger, Bright Thread...

  • dnjost
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2002
      I concur with Tim on this. She is beautiful. My family and I passed
      her at the head of Oyster River in Chatham where she looks much
      better than the photo on the back cover.
      I can see where the owner may want a jib headed rig for more
      flexibility in sail selection/conditions. I notice that in very
      light air my Micro exhibits a wee bit of lee helm, and that she is
      determined to fall off her course (we are talking 3-5kts of air to a
      zephyr). I kept wondering what would happen with the mast placement
      back another foot. She does 4.5kts with the motor, and we only got
      her to 2.6 kts under sail. Considering the conditions, I thought we
      did pretty good. I will also add that this boat is as stable as a
      church in the left over slop. I hope to try her again today in more
      reasonable conditions. Perhaps to visit Bright Thread!

      I see that the owner of Bright Thread has done 11,000 miles of
      cruising. I will say that I now have 250+ miles under Micro in just
      two weeks. ;-o

      David Jost