dinghy plot thickens

  • rnlocnil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2002
      Inspired by Shoebox and the squareboats, I've come up with a middle
      way between Tortoise and Elegant Punt. Symmetrical fore and aft (just
      turn around and use same oarlocks when rowing 1 or 2 occupants) and
      side to side, same profile on bottom and plan view. All bevels 17
      degrees (or is that 107?). 76" long (plus gunwhale and ply
      thickness), 44" beam (as I recall), about 350 lbs displacement in sea
      water at reasonable waterline. Just a hul file for now, but that's
      enough on something this simple. Evolved from a previous idea for a
      replacement for a Brick hull.