Re: Dagger Board Slots

  • rdchamberland
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 29, 2002
      Hi Dennis, A couple of approaches you might consider. First, if you
      are glassing the bottom, is to fold the glass into the daggerboard
      case covering the end grain. The second is to use the technique
      illustrated in the Gougeons book on boat construction. I'm not sure I
      can explain it however. Cut the slot leaving a gap between the case
      and the hull bottom stringer. Set the case in place and then fill the
      gap with epoxy with silicon filler. The trimaran I built years ago was
      done in this manner and nothing was going to damage that joint. I also
      glassed the insides of the case before installation. I never never had
      a centerboard case leak.
      Bob Chamberland