Re: Wood flour

  • chodges31711
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 25, 2002
      I have seen wheat flour recommended. It may have been Dave Carnell.
      There is probably not much strength difference - it is a filler after
      all. If you want strength, add glass or xynole or something with long
      fibers. I would use white flour instead of whole wheat, less germ and
      oil content.
      Other plant fibers might work too. Rice hulls are available some
      places. Then there is flax and wheat straw (used to make a particle
      board). Most waste fiber finds a home. You just have to find someone
      that grinds it up for another market.

      Charles