[bolger] Re: Looking for Micro

  • Paul Telfer
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
      Hello Pippo: I have been to your site. It is a great one. It was
      your technical calculations on the seaworthyness of Micro that finally
      won me over.

      "giuseppe 'pippo' bianco" <giuseppe.bianc-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=2153
      > Hi Paul, and welcome to the list
      > Micro is the right choice, you won't regret it. I'm sure there are
      > several Micros in the areas you mention: you may want to drop a note
      > Jerry Estes at CSB or to Bernie Wolfard on this list to check this.
      > And, by the way, don't forget to visit my web page devoted to Micro:
      >
      > http://space.tin.it/io/jfwbi
      >
      > Best
      >
      > Pippo
      >
      > "paul telfer" <telfe-@...> wrote:
      > original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=2141
      > > Hello Bolger Group: This is my first posting. I have been reading
      your
      > > messages for several months. Having spent several years looking
      for a
      > > small seaworthy boat I think the Micro may be it. However, I would
      > like
      > > to see one before I commit to building one. I live in Oregon 30
      miles
      > > west of Salem and 30 miles east of the Pacific. Is anyone aware of
      > > Micro in Ore. or Wash. that I could take a look at? I am willing to
      > > drive several hours if necessary. Thanks for the help. Paul

    • Giuseppe 'Pippo' Bianco
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2000
        Hi Paul, and thanks for your kind words.
        As I note on the design analysis page update in my site, I've been
        toying with a more sophisticated model for the Micro. Yesterday I've
        completed the analysis. As anticipated, since the new model allows for
        free flooding forward and aft wells, the range of stability reduces to
        120 degrees, and the new DSF is 26 instead of 30 (still "offshore"
        though!). A more conservative statement would be that Micro is probably
        the only fully qualified coastal cruiser in his lenght class. I'll post
        the new results soon.
        As a general statement, if any similar design exists, I'm not aware of
        it. Micro is really a stroke of genius. It combines different factors
        in an incredibly balanced way...
        Best

        Pippo

        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=2169