[bolger] Re: Looking for Micro

  • Giuseppe 'Pippo' Bianco
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
      Hi Paul, and welcome to the list
      Micro is the right choice, you won't regret it. I'm sure there are
      several Micros in the areas you mention: you may want to drop a note to
      Jerry Estes at CSB or to Bernie Wolfard on this list to check this.
      And, by the way, don't forget to visit my web page devoted to Micro:

      http://space.tin.it/io/jfwbi

      Best

      Pippo

      "paul telfer" <telfe-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=2141
      > Hello Bolger Group: This is my first posting. I have been reading your
      > messages for several months. Having spent several years looking for a
      > small seaworthy boat I think the Micro may be it. However, I would
      like
      > to see one before I commit to building one. I live in Oregon 30 miles
      > west of Salem and 30 miles east of the Pacific. Is anyone aware of a
      > Micro in Ore. or Wash. that I could take a look at? I am willing to
      > drive several hours if necessary. Thanks for the help. Paul

    • Paul Telfer
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
        Hello Pippo: I have been to your site. It is a great one. It was
        your technical calculations on the seaworthyness of Micro that finally
        won me over.

        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=2153

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2000
          Hi Paul, and thanks for your kind words.
          As I note on the design analysis page update in my site, I've been
          toying with a more sophisticated model for the Micro. Yesterday I've
          completed the analysis. As anticipated, since the new model allows for
          free flooding forward and aft wells, the range of stability reduces to
          120 degrees, and the new DSF is 26 instead of 30 (still "offshore"
          though!). A more conservative statement would be that Micro is probably
          the only fully qualified coastal cruiser in his lenght class. I'll post
          the new results soon.
          As a general statement, if any similar design exists, I'm not aware of
          it. Micro is really a stroke of genius. It combines different factors
          in an incredibly balanced way...
          Best

          Pippo

          original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=2169