Re: [bolger] Bolger boats in fiberglass: Dovekie and [?]

  • stephensonhw@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2002
      In a message dated 01-07-02 12:45:19 PM E. Australia Standard Time,
      s_paskey@... writes:

      > Now I'm curious: are there any other Bolger designs that were
      > manufactured and sold in fiberglass? I've read Small Boats, the
      > Folding Schooner, and BWAOM, and nothing comes to mind.

      I've often thought that the designs we see in the various Bolger books are
      very likely unrepresentative of his output. With successful production
      designs, he would often have an obligation to the builder not to publish the
      plans.

      Howard

    • kayaker37
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2002
        This reminds me that if you notify Edey and Duff, they will put you
        on their owners list. They have an annual Summer Rendezvous, this
        year on July 27, with races starting at 1:00 p.m.

        > http://www.trailersailor.com/sws/. We have a two week cruise in the
        > North Channel of Georgean Bay coming up in a few weeks... There's
        quite a few Dovekies in your area, where many of us meet for an
        annual Spring Cruise.
      • Leoandsandy@Juno.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2002
          Forgot to mention that there will be a minimum of two Shearwaters and two
          Dovekies, and a Martha Jane on our "Magnum Opus" (Peter Duff's words for
          our two week summer cruise) in the North Channel in a few weeks... so if
          you can make it...
          Leo

          GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
          http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.