[bolger] Looking for Micro

  • Paul Telfer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2000
      Hello Bolger Group: This is my first posting. I have been reading your
      messages for several months. Having spent several years looking for a
      small seaworthy boat I think the Micro may be it. However, I would like
      to see one before I commit to building one. I live in Oregon 30 miles
      west of Salem and 30 miles east of the Pacific. Is anyone aware of a
      Micro in Ore. or Wash. that I could take a look at? I am willing to
      drive several hours if necessary. Thanks for the help. Paul
    • Orr, Jamie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2000
        Hi, Paul

        Welcome to the group. Try Chuck Merrell's web-site for Micro -- he's in
        Seattle, maybe a little far for you, though? There will probably be others
        closer. I haven't been able to view Chuck's site myself since my employer
        installed a new firewall (with an attitude) but I'm pretty sure he's got
        Micro covered at:

        http://www.boatdesign.com

        (You really should be building a Chebacco, though.)

        Jamie Orr

        Hello Bolger Group: This is my first posting. I have been reading your
        messages for several months. Having spent several years looking for a
        small seaworthy boat I think the Micro may be it. However, I would like
        to see one before I commit to building one. I live in Oregon 30 miles
        west of Salem and 30 miles east of the Pacific. Is anyone aware of a
        Micro in Ore. or Wash. that I could take a look at? I am willing to
        drive several hours if necessary. Thanks for the help. Paul

        Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! Rates as low as 2.9%

        Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points,

        no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the

        credit youdeserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
        http://click.egroups.com/1/929/5/_/3457/_/949363186/

        -- Create a poll/survey for your group!
        -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=bolger&m=1
      • Giuseppe 'Pippo' Bianco
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
          Hi Paul, and welcome to the list
          Micro is the right choice, you won't regret it. I'm sure there are
          several Micros in the areas you mention: you may want to drop a note to
          Jerry Estes at CSB or to Bernie Wolfard on this list to check this.
          And, by the way, don't forget to visit my web page devoted to Micro:

          http://space.tin.it/io/jfwbi

          Best

          Pippo

          original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=2141

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
            Hello Pippo: I have been to your site. It is a great one. It was
            your technical calculations on the seaworthyness of Micro that finally
            won me over.

            original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=2153

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 2, 2000
              Hi Paul, and thanks for your kind words.
              As I note on the design analysis page update in my site, I've been
              toying with a more sophisticated model for the Micro. Yesterday I've
              completed the analysis. As anticipated, since the new model allows for
              free flooding forward and aft wells, the range of stability reduces to
              120 degrees, and the new DSF is 26 instead of 30 (still "offshore"
              though!). A more conservative statement would be that Micro is probably
              the only fully qualified coastal cruiser in his lenght class. I'll post
              the new results soon.
              As a general statement, if any similar design exists, I'm not aware of
              it. Micro is really a stroke of genius. It combines different factors
              in an incredibly balanced way...
              Best

              Pippo

              original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=2169