[bolger] folding schooner bottom

  • harding2@home.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 1999
      Following the thread about the Micro bottom. The plans on the folding
      schooner call for 1/4". In the revisions Bolger talks about the
      oilcanning in the original and gives the option of using 3/8 or two
      layers of 1/4 or 1/2" but says that one layer of 1/4" with a layer of
      glass and and the stiffeners drawn in the revisions is the most
      efficient solution. I am a little worried about weight because I want
      to try to get by with a really nice trailer we already own with a 650
      lb capacity. Bolger estimates the towing weight as drawn at 500 lbs. I
      was going to use the 1/4 and glass and stiffeners but am wondering if I
      should reconsider.
      Leander