[bolger] Re: Double Eagle, e-mail , but joints

  • Clyde S. Wisner
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 30, 2000
      A 4 and 1/2 inch high speed grinder is my choice. I have used it to make bevels but the trick is to remember to do it. Clyde Wisner

      Lincoln Ross wrote:

      Any reason one couldn't bevel the edges of a butt strap with a plane?
      If your plane is really sharp this is pretty easy to do. I shaped a
      plywood rudder this way. Ought to reduce the stress concentration. Also
      ought to make easier to clean, etc. Those with fancy table saw jigs
      could probably do it even easier.
      david jost <djos-@...> wrote:
      snip The internal
      > butt straps also work fine, but have tendency to collect dirt and
      hold water
      > where I don't want it.
      >snip

      GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds!  Get rates
      as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no hidden fees.
      Apply NOW!
      http://click.egroups.com/1/975/5/_/3457/_/949160344/

      -- Create a poll/survey for your group!
      -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=bolger&m=1