[bolger] Chebacco or Micro trailer

  • Richard Spelling
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2002
      Well, I plan on pulling the Chebacco onto the trailer in a few days.

      I've gone so far as to weld some roller arrays onto the frame. The boat will
      hang over the back of the existing trailer about 3ft, and the nose will be
      almost to the tailgate of the truck.

      The boat will sit as low as I can have it and still clear the wheel wells,
      and most of the weight will be taken up by two arrays of 5 rollers each,
      underneath the keel.

      My concerns:
      1) with the front of the boat so far forward, will I have issues with
      flooding the truck?
      2) with the rear of the boat overhanging, will I have issues with the weight
      on the keel rollers? With the motor on the back?

      At this point, pictures of successful Chebacco, or even Micro, trailers
      would be much appreciated at this time...

      Thoughs? Comments?
    • Chuck Leinweber
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2002
        Richard:

        My Caprice hangs eight feet past the rear most bolster. Of course there is only a 5 hp motor hung on the transom. The trailer has a real long tongue, though, and I still have trouble finding enough depth sometimes.

        Chuck
        Well, I plan on pulling the Chebacco onto the trailer in a few days.

        I've gone so far as to weld some roller arrays onto the frame. The boat will
        hang over the back of the existing trailer about 3ft, and the nose will be
        almost to the tailgate of the truck.

        The boat will sit as low as I can have it and still clear the wheel wells,
        and most of the weight will be taken up by two arrays of 5 rollers each,
        underneath the keel.

        My concerns:
        1) with the front of the boat so far forward, will I have issues with
        flooding the truck?
        2) with the rear of the boat overhanging, will I have issues with the weight
        on the keel rollers? With the motor on the back?

        At this point, pictures of successful Chebacco, or even Micro, trailers
        would be much appreciated at this time...

        Thoughs? Comments?

        Bolger rules!!!

      • Richard Spelling
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 6, 2002
          I have a 6hp, 4 stroke.
          So, probably won't have any issues there.

          May need to lengthen the tough, will see.