Re: [bolger] Re: Gull Photos

  • David Ryan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2002
      More hardener will give you softer and presumably weaker epoxy. I,
      for one, wouldn't want to get into any seat of the pants adjustment
      of hardener ratios.

      OTH, varying fast and slow hardener within the 2:1 resin and hardener
      mix has worked very well for me. When I first started using the resin
      I used slow hardener exclusively so that I wouldn't find myself in
      "panic" mode and end up doing stupid things or loosing big batches of
      expensive glue.

      As my confidence and experience increase I've moved steadily toward
      the faster hardener, especially for small batches. But whenever I get
      into an operation that I think might get tricky, I revert to slow
      hardener.

      >With RAKA, you can adjust the hardener to get the properties you want. More
      >hardener will make it softer I believe and less makes it harder. Maybe
      >adjusting hardener my very small amounts will give you what your want in a
      >cured epoxy.
      >
      >Jeff
      >

      >Bolger rules!!!
      >- add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts and <snip> away
      >- To order plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester,
      >MA, 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349

      C.E.P.
      415 W.46th Street
      New York, New York 10036