Re: Gullapalooza (cont.)

  • lulalake_1999
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 3, 2002
      And speaking of places to find British bike parts

      http://www.britishonly.com/webcatalog/new.txt

      http://www.britishbikeconnection.com/parts.htm

      http://xandersbritbikes.tripod.com/xandersbritbikes/id7.html

      Off topic, I know but fun to find rare stuff.

      I stuck mainly to Japanese bikes or Ariel square 4's

      till I discovered sailboats

      --- In bolger@y..., "sacalman" <sacalman@y...> wrote:
      > I had a '63 BSA 650 and it was touched by the "Prince of Darkness"
      > too. I gave it to my brother and he is on his 3rd year of
      > restoration. Can't seem to find a generator armature...
      >
      > Scott calman
      >
      > --- In bolger@y..., "lulalake_1999" <lulalake_1999@y...> wrote:
      > > Oh yes.
      > >
      > > I've had a few English cars in my life and have known the touch
      of
      > > Lucas more than once.
      > >
      > > It's good to remember that the name "Lucas" is a form
      of "Lucifer"

    • Nickerson, Bruce
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 4, 2002
        Lucas Lord of Darkness never bothered me, and I even mastered SU carbs. But
        I have heard a rumor that Jaguar never built its own radios because they did
        not want oil leaks in passenger compartment.

        The Seagull, however, is appealing because of its simplicity. REminds me of
        the model airplane engines I used to play with as a kid.

        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 4, 2002
          What's an "ITH".snip?

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 4, 2002
            Boatbuilding! Boatbuilding! Boatbuilding!

            Unless you're trailering boats with your car,
            this is a little off topic ;-}

            Thanks, Moderator

            --- In bolger@y..., "sacalman" <sacalman@y...> wrote:
            > I had a '63 BSA 650 and it was touched by the "Prince of Darkness"
            > too. I gave it to my brother and he is on his 3rd year of
            > restoration. Can't seem to find a generator armature...
            >
            > Scott calman
            >
            > --- In bolger@y..., "lulalake_1999" <lulalake_1999@y...> wrote:
            > > Oh yes.
            > >
            > > I've had a few English cars in my life and have known the touch
            of
            > > Lucas more than once.
            > >
            > > It's good to remember that the name "Lucas" is a form of "Lucifer"

          • futabachan
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 4, 2002
              > I thought the Aztec was an SUV?

              It is, kind of. Pontiac calls it a "Sport Recreation Vehicle" --
              it's sort of halfway between a SUV and a minivan. I really don't
              understand why people think it's so ugly -- especially people who
              enjoy Bolger boats. :-) Oh well, de gustibus, I guess....

              > My understanding of the word truck
              > is something that has an open bed and the room to buckle your
              > seat belt without bonking heads with the passenger.

              Well, my Suburban (ObBoatbuilding: which I bought to tow my
              Insolent 60 around) certainly qualifies as a "truck", and it's
              fully enclosed. There's certainly room in both vehicles to
              buckle your seatbelt without bonking heads with the passenger (?),
              even while hauling a stack of 4x8 plywood sheets, which both can
              do.

              --
              Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
            • sacalman
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 4, 2002
                I do hearby solemnly promise to not talk about motorcycles, cars ETC.

                I do rewserve the right to talk about my Seagull. ( I love that
                simple beast)...

                Scott Calman

                --- In bolger@y..., "ghartc" <gcarlson@c...> wrote:
                > Boatbuilding! Boatbuilding! Boatbuilding!
                >
                > Unless you're trailering boats with your car,
                > this is a little off topic ;-}
                >
                > Thanks, Moderator
                >
                > --- In bolger@y..., "sacalman" <sacalman@y...> wrote:
                > > I had a '63 BSA 650 and it was touched by the "Prince of
                Darkness"
                > > too. I gave it to my brother and he is on his 3rd year of
                > > restoration. Can't seem to find a generator armature...
                > >
                > > Scott calman
                > >
                > > --- In bolger@y..., "lulalake_1999" <lulalake_1999@y...> wrote:
                > > > Oh yes.
                > > >
                > > > I've had a few English cars in my life and have known the touch
                > of
                > > > Lucas more than once.
                > > >
                > > > It's good to remember that the name "Lucas" is a form
                of "Lucifer"

              • Clyde S. Wisner
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 5, 2002
                  I have fitted a 6" backer and sanding disk to my 4" grinder but the torgue makes it hard to hold with
                  one hand. It does eat most anything though. Clyde