Re: Bottom paint

  • brucehallman
    Message 1 of 14 , May 30, 2002
      --- In bolger@y..., "ntsrfer" <ktsrfer@m...> wrote:
      >easy on the sea life, easy on the pocket book.

      Excuse me for maybe thinking out of the box, how about 'at anchor'
      taking a large blue poly tarp, tying stones on two corners with very
      long strings. Drop the tarp and pull it from bow to stern, up tight
      to the hull expelling out most of the water. Then pour $10 worth of
      swimming pool chlorine into the water trapped in the space between
      the tarp and the hull.

      $10 buys 4 gallons of pool grade chlorine which is 4x the strength
      of 'Chlorox'. You may not even need more than a gallon to be
      effective.

      Many times I have used chlorine to clean some really gunky rocks from
      an aquarium which I keep, it works great, essentially melting
      stubborn the algae in about one hour. 1 cup in a 5 gallon bucket.

      While chlorine is toxic in the short term, it disapates quickly when
      exposed to sunlight. Most people drink diluted chlorine in their tap
      water daily.