[bolger] Re: Introduction

  • GHC
    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 1, 1999
      David,

      You're worse than I am!

      Welcome, Gregg Carlson

      At 05:00 PM 9/1/1999 -0700, you wrote:
      >Hello, All,
      >I have built a Common Sense Pirogue, a Payson Pirogue/Canoe, and a
      >Shoebox that nests into a Tortoise (I widened the Tortoise two inches,
      >left out the sailing gear, and placed short decks fore and aft instead
      >of a single deck--works nice). Other non-Bolger boats I have built
      >include a 17.5' Monford (Geodesic Airolite) Canoe, a 22' Benford
      >Gunkholer, an Zydeco Pirogue, and a self designed 13' skiff with a rig
      >salvaged from a Blue Jay. The less said about the skiff, the better. As
      >soon as I can clear some boats and wasps out of the garage and get a
      >couple of kids off to college, I think I might build an AS-29. Until
      >then I am mulling over plans for a Birdwatcher vs. a Dugong--yeah, I
      >know, vastly different construction, but a similar concept--or maybe a
      >Micro, or...Help! Somebody stop me! Anyway, I look forward to
      >participating, and thank you all for the fine reading I have enjoyed
      >thus far (I read through the archives from the beginning of the list
      >before joining),
      >david

      >MyPoints-Free Rewards When You're Online.
      >Start with up to 150 Points for joining!
      >http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/805
      >

      >eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger

    • Shelley Moniz
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 28, 2006
        Graeme,

        I am not necessarily looking for a Bolger sailboat but I am looking
        for a sailboat due to many factors... increase in fuel costs, smell
        of diesel fumes from engines (yuck) and I miss the serenity of
        sailing. I do not know the name and number but am trying to gather
        information. I can't seem to find anything online. I have been
        looking through books recently though. Thanks for your reply.

        Shelley

        > Hi Shelley,
        >
        > are you seeking a Bolger designed sailboat to replace your power
        > boat? Is that change down to fuel cost increases?
        >
        > Anyway, thanks for sharing your pictures of your "42' DownEast"
        Phil