Re: [bolger] Digest Number 1005 - Harbor Sales

  • Ron Magen
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2002
      Clyde {and all who recommended other 'non-local' sources},

      Thanks for the input. I'm familiar with Boulter and Harbor. It's
      interesting that most of the other sources are in the Pacific Northwest.
      I also have contacted Noah's in up-state New York.

      The problem in all these cases is the shipping costs. Sometimes there is
      even an 'extra' charge if I have it delivered to a local lumber yard.

      I know Harbor Sales runs trucks to this area; I've seen them MANY times.
      Sometimes only a few blocks from my house. The problem is that they want
      to charge me for an entire, 'independent' delivery. I've asked several
      times about 'piggy-backing' onto an existing shipment . . . at their
      leisure. Also WHO they regularly ship to in my township. They say they
      don't keep records 'like that' or simply won't tell me who their
      customers are.

      If I was ordering a pallet load it would be a different story. Building
      small boats to order I only use about 6 sheets {max} at a time so I have
      to purchase carefully.

      I will try Harbor . . . again.

      Thanks,
      Ron Magen
      Backyard Boatshop

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 08:57:56 -0400
      > From: "Clyde S. Wisner" <clydewis@...>
      > Subject: Re: Digest Number 1003 . . . 3/8ths MDO
      >
      > You could probably get it from Harbor Sales, 1 800 345 1712, northern
      Eastern Shore of Maryland. If
      > you can give them a bus address, they may deliver free in Phily. Clyde
    • Clyde S. Wisner
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2002
        Maybe try a sign maker in your area. Clyde