Re: Help wanted!!

  • pvanderwaart
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2002
      The Pointy Skiff is the first boat that comes to mind. I'm not sure
      about the capacity, though, and it isn't ugly.

      http://www.instantboats.com/pointyskiff.htm

      Peter

      > I need to make a very simple skiff capable of taking a small
      outboard
      > as well as being rowed, to use as a tender to get out to a friend's
      > boat.
    • brucehallman
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2002
        --- In bolger@y..., "pvanderwaart" <pvanderw@o...> wrote:
        > The Pointy Skiff is the first boat that comes to mind. I'm not sure
        > about the capacity, though, and it isn't ugly.
        >
        > http://www.instantboats.com/pointyskiff.htm

        Or, I would go with a little bigger boat such as the 15' foot long
        Work Skiff

        http://www.instantboats.com/skiff15.htm
      • dnjost
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2002
          I have a Pointy Skiff that I have regularly carried three adults out
          to the mooring under oar, and taken 2 adults fishing with the four hp
          Johnson.

          I have also used the POinty Skiff to take two small kids fishing for
          an afternoon with the electric motor. Very slick!

          David Jost

          ps. time to rebuild Pointy, the luan ply has had it after 18 years
          of continuous use and exposure to the elements. The boat owes us
          nothing!
        • dnjost

            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2002
              The work skiff is much harder to get on and off the roof rack.

              I have found the smaller the boat, the more use it gets!
              Lamenting the lack of time to go in Diablo, and enjoying the time in
              Pointy Skiff (it also doubles as a luggage carrier on the roof for
              vacations.

              David Jost

              PS. case in point, I have no miles on my Micro yet.