Re: Wyoming

  • announcer97624
    Message 1 of 95 , Apr 30, 2002
      --- In bolger@y..., "Jeff Blunck" <boatbuilding@g...> wrote:
      > I just updated my website at www.dreamwater.net/cosailor and added
      some
      > photos.
      >
      > I've had a fairly large number of private request asking what this
      thing
      > will cost so I have put a page up that I'll try and keep updated.
      See the
      > link at the bottom of the first page.
      >
      > No two people will build the same boat for the same cost. I'm
      going for a
      > little more comfort than PB&F envision for this boat so my cost
      will be
      > higher.
      >
      > Jeff

      Jeff, I like the boat you're building but I have a problem with
      building them outside. I bought these plans for a large work shed and
      they are the best, inexpensive and sturdy shed you can build period!
      I skinned mine with 1/8" ply and hung some fluorescent lights. You
      can also cover them with plastic heavy mill clear sheeting and have
      the greenhouse with all the light but I prefer to not show all my
      tools and work to the world.

      Here is the link to buy the plans. I would like to build an Illinois
      and luckily you can make these sheds as long as you want and they are
      very tall. With a few supports I know mine could handle a second
      story no problem.

      John

      http://www.by-the-sea.com/stimsonmarine/bowroof.html
    • stephensonhw@aol.com
      Message 95 of 95 , Jul 16, 2002
        In a message dated 17-07-02 12:03:28 AM E. Australia Standard Time,
        boatbuilding@... writes:

        > . All the outboard connections are insulated from
        > the boat except for the battery and it's isolated from the hull.

        But electrolytic corrosion can happen without any external source of
        electrical current. Try immersing a piece of aluminum in a bucket of salt
        water together with a piece of copper (or a cupro-nickel coin). The
        dissimilar metals produce their own electrical current as the aluminum is
        eaten away.

        Crocodile hunters had to be very careful not to leave brass shell casings in
        the bottom of their aluminum dinghies, else the brass would very quickly
        corrode a hole in the bottom.

        Howard

        Howard