"Surf" for seven miles of open water?

  • sterlingjb
    Message 1 of 36 , Apr 22 8:10 AM
      I am concidering building a Surf to cover seven miles of open water
      to camp on Horn Island, Mississippi. I have owned a Hobie 16, and am
      not averse to an occaisional capsize, if the boat is rightable
      without too much drama. Does this seem feasable?
      Also, what does a completed Surf weigh? Is car-topping reasonable?
      Will she carry two adults? Anything else that I might need to know?
      Thanks for any help, Richard
    • recree8
      Message 36 of 36 , Apr 24 1:55 PM
        But not nearly as much fun!