Re: [bolger] Clam Panga

  • thomas dalzell
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2002
      No I never did build mine, I am not really a motor
      boat person, though I am an avid fly fisherman, and at
      the time of asking was just back from a trip to the
      keys. Sort of inexplicably (I am just across the lake
      from you) I built a catamaran fishing boat instead.
      I don't know how the Clam skiff would do in the spray,
      but I think that with a large enough center strip, it
      would take the wave action quite well. A number of
      people who drop in here from time to time have built
      them, and maybe they can comment.

      >>>Have you built a Clam Skiff? If so, how is it in
      rough water? As you probably <BR>
      know, the Great Lakes can throw up some nasty short
      steep waves in a hurry <BR>
      when the wind starts to blow.<BR>
      <BR>
      I got the Cabin Clam Skiff plans from PCB&F last
      winter, and do unroll and <BR>
      study them from time to time. Maybe I should just
      build the thing (without <BR>
      cabin) and find out for myself ...<BR>
      <