Re: hitch extension for long boards

  • rlspell2000
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2, 2002
      Actualy, I had some 2" square laying around. 15 minute of welding and
      a can of spray paint and I now have a 5 ft hitch extender!

      --- In bolger@y..., "Clyde S. Wisner" <clydewis@c...> wrote:
      > Put them flat in the bed with the tailgate down and put some cement
      blocks or other weight on them
      > and a flag on tail and go. Clyde
      >
      > rlspell2000 wrote:
      >
      > > I need to pick up some 14 foot boards and haul them home in the 6
      > > foot bed of the Tacoma.
      > >
      > > I'm going to make an arm that plugs into the reciever for the
      hitch,
      > > and extends out about 3 feet. The part where the boards are being
      > > held up will be in a line with the top of the tailgate and the
      bottom
      > > of the bed behind the cab.
      > >
      > > Any thoughts, comments, suggestions?
      > >

      > > Bolger rules!!!
      > > - no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, or flogging dead horses
      > > - pls take "personals" off-list, stay on topic, and punctuate
      > > - add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts, snip all you
      like
      > > - To order plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209,
      Gloucester, MA, 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349
      > > - Unsubscribe: bolger-unsubscribe@y...
      > >
      > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • roger99a
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 3, 2002
        I would just run them throught the passenger side window of my
        wife's station wagon.

        Roger S