Re: I60 Sail Plan

  • porcupinefysh
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2002
      David,

      The Insolent 60 is illustrated with four sails. From aft foward, they
      are: the mainsail @ 342 sq. ft., the staysail @ 202 sq. ft., the
      foresail @ 312 sq. ft., and the boomed jib @ 161 sq. ft. The total
      (unreefed) sail area is given as 1017 sq. ft. I can't imagine wanting
      more sail than this, but a couple of topsails could also be rigged
      (now that's a scary thought),

      porky

      --- In bolger@y..., David Ryan <david@c...> wrote:
      > FBBB --
      >
      > Would someone with a better picture of the I60 do me a favor and
      > forward the sail areas of each of the individual sail? I would be
      > very grateful.
      >
      > YIBB,
      >
      > David
      >
      > C.E.P.
      > 415 W.46th Street
      > New York, New York 10036
      > http://www.crumblingempire.com
      > (212) 247-0296
    • David Ryan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2002
        No, not looking to spice up the rig. Just wanted the sail areas so I
        could look at the rigging of sails of similar dimension that already
        exist and get an idea what the dimensions might be.