Re: [bolger] RE: knot meter

  • Larry Barker
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2002
      We used a Knotstick on our first boat. Inexpensive and worked fine - I'd
      recommend it. FWIW, wrapping its line in the prop affected its accuracy a
      bit ;) .
      Larry

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2002
        In Wooden Boat, a number of years ago there was a article about
        building a knot meter based on a manometer. It was built in and low
        tech (no power required just boat speed). If you can find the article
        it is worth the read.

        Andy Moore
        Nova Scotia
        Canada