I60 Sail Plan

  • David Ryan
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2002
      FBBB --

      Would someone with a better picture of the I60 do me a favor and
      forward the sail areas of each of the individual sail? I would be
      very grateful.

      YIBB,

      David

      C.E.P.
      415 W.46th Street
      New York, New York 10036
      http://www.crumblingempire.com
      (212) 247-0296
    • porcupinefysh
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2002
        David,

        The Insolent 60 is illustrated with four sails. From aft foward, they
        are: the mainsail @ 342 sq. ft., the staysail @ 202 sq. ft., the
        foresail @ 312 sq. ft., and the boomed jib @ 161 sq. ft. The total
        (unreefed) sail area is given as 1017 sq. ft. I can't imagine wanting
        more sail than this, but a couple of topsails could also be rigged
        (now that's a scary thought),

        porky

        --- In bolger@y..., David Ryan <david@c...> wrote:
        > FBBB --
        >
        > Would someone with a better picture of the I60 do me a favor and
        > forward the sail areas of each of the individual sail? I would be
        > very grateful.
        >
        > YIBB,
        >
        > David
        >
        > C.E.P.
        > 415 W.46th Street
        > New York, New York 10036
        > http://www.crumblingempire.com
        > (212) 247-0296
      • David Ryan
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2002
          No, not looking to spice up the rig. Just wanted the sail areas so I
          could look at the rigging of sails of similar dimension that already
          exist and get an idea what the dimensions might be.