Micro bow noise (you should pardon me for bringing it up again)

  • pvanderwaart
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 5:41 PM
      MicroBoaters:

      I was just thinking that with a Micro at anchor with mizzen up and
      main down, if you pulled the mizzen well to one side, it would make
      the boat lie at an angle to the waves and perhaps the noise under the
      bow would be reduced. On the other hand, if something as simple as
      that would help, probably everyone would know and I would have heard.

      So, has anyone ever tried it, and would it help?

      Peter (not a Micro sailer, but interested all the same)
    • Langmuir
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 7:29 PM
        Dear Peter,
        It does not work.
        Depressing the bow with a water bag so that the transom is immersed then
        fitting a temporary vee
        cutwater ahead of the transom does work. It is a bit of an effort.
        Attached is my permanent solution on my Long Micro.
        Regards, Gavin.
        gavinlangmuir@...
        > I was just thinking that with a Micro at anchor with mizzen up and
        > main down, if you pulled the mizzen well to one side, it would make
        > the boat lie at an angle to the waves and perhaps the noise under the
        > bow would be reduced. On the other hand, if something as simple as
        > that would help, probably everyone would know and I would have heard.
        >
        > So, has anyone ever tried it, and would it help?
        >
        > Peter (not a Micro sailer, but interested all the same)

        01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349

      • Andrew Pryer
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2 2:50 AM
          Gavin do you have any pictures of your Long Micro on the net. I have been swapping hints and info with Trent Hensley ,also on this group. We are both about the same stage in construction and would welcome any feed back you can offer.

          P.S Is your Long Micro sometimes moored at Williamstown . Victoria , as I have been told one has been spotted their and I seem to recall froma previous message that you sailed on Port Phillip here in Australia.

          Thanks Andrew Pryer
          > I was just thinking that with a Micro at anchor with mizzen up and
          > main down, if you pulled the mizzen well to one side, it would make
          > the boat lie at an angle to the waves and perhaps the noise under the
          > bow would be reduced. On the other hand, if something as simple as
          > that would help, probably everyone would know and I would have heard.
          >
          > So, has anyone ever tried it, and would it help?
          >
          > Peter (not a Micro sailer, but interested all the same)

          01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349

          Bolger rules!!!