Yahoo is at it again . . With no permission

  • lulalake_1999
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2002
      Hi Folks,

      I'm new to the club, Have been messing about in boats for many years,
      have liked Bolgers designs since the late sixties when I got a small
      book of his stuff.

      Here's something that's completely off topic but I ran into it this
      AM.

      In the spirit of killing spam and seeing what Yahoo is NOT doing
      about it . . .Yahoo has signed everyone up for spam without your
      permission. Yep without your permission or knowledge.
      This is a copy of a post . . . . . . .

      Yahoo has added a new "Marketing Preferences" section to everyone's
      Yahoo account -- and set ALL the defaults so that you get spam.

      To fix this invasive scheme, go into "Account Info/My account",

      it's under your email info -- click that new "Marketing" link, and
      set all the choices to no (unless, of course, you WANT spam).

      There are two that are easy to miss, for snail-mail and
      phone advertising, they're spaced WAY down from the others at the
      bottom of that Marketing page. Hit "Finished" to save your
      changes, both on the Marketing page and when you're returned to the
      main Account page.

      Please pass this on. Feel free to quote and copy