Don't try this at home.

  • rlspell2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2002
      http://koti.mbnet.fi/~soldier/towboat.htm

      My question is, did he catch up to the barges afterwards, reattach,
      and keep on trucking?
    • tom28571
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2002
        I don'no, but imagine the decision making on whether to stay with the
        boat or abandon ship. At least he got his pants messed and cleaned
        at the same time. This has to be one of the greatest photo
        sequencies ever taken. The thought of running a river in any
        conveyance without the ability to stop scares hell out of me. I
        remember loosing rudder control (broken journal) on a paddlewheeler
        on the Ten Tom one day. I steered with the paddlewheel and ran her
        into the bank and tied up to trees until we could fix the problem.
        It was nothing like what this guy faced though.

        --- In bolger@y..., "rlspell2000" <richard@s...> wrote:
        > http://koti.mbnet.fi/~soldier/towboat.htm
        >
        > My question is, did he catch up to the barges afterwards, reattach,
        > and keep on trucking?
      • rdchamberland
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2002
          -Go to www.toolworks.com/capedory/bboard. Look for "the rest of the
          story" submitted by Tom Nuttal 03/02/02

          > > My question is, did he catch up to the barges afterwards, reattach,
          > > and keep on trucking?
        • vance_cowan85719
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2002
            Now we know why Yahoo is so careful to limit graphics! The boat
            didn't sink but the servers sure did.

            Mike, I don't need all 2000 or so of the Blue Moon piks you said
            you had.

            Vance

            --- In bolger@y..., "rdchamberland" <cha62759@t...> wrote:
            > -Go to www.toolworks.com/capedory/bboard. Look for "the rest
            of the
            > story" submitted by Tom Nuttal 03/02/02
            >

            > > > My question is, did he catch up to the barges afterwards,
            reattach,
            > > > and keep on trucking?
          • vance_cowan85719
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 3, 2002
              In case I have caused anyone else to become as confused as I
              seem to be, the comment to Mike G. should have been posted
              in "boatdesign". I don't always know where I am.

              Vance