RE: [bolger] Wyoming

  • Stew Miller
    Message 1 of 95 , Mar 2, 2002
      Where will you be on the Missouri? I live in KC, and I'd love to see
      her some time. My dream is a Tennessee or Dakota for river cruising,
      so you've really got me interested.

      Stew

      Message 95 of 95 , Jul 16, 2002
        In a message dated 17-07-02 12:03:28 AM E. Australia Standard Time,
        boatbuilding@... writes:

        > . All the outboard connections are insulated from
        > the boat except for the battery and it's isolated from the hull.

        But electrolytic corrosion can happen without any external source of
        electrical current. Try immersing a piece of aluminum in a bucket of salt
        water together with a piece of copper (or a cupro-nickel coin). The
        dissimilar metals produce their own electrical current as the aluminum is
        eaten away.

        Crocodile hunters had to be very careful not to leave brass shell casings in
        the bottom of their aluminum dinghies, else the brass would very quickly
        corrode a hole in the bottom.

        Howard

        Howard