Re: Boat Offsets and Stitch n Tape

  • steelcb
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2002
      Greg,

      I've enjoyed your hulls software immensely. It provides such scope
      for the imagination. I don't worry about how it works, I just use it
      for hours on end pulling and pushing and contemplating the new hull
      shapes. It works well for designing decks and structures, wings, and
      fuselages too. Thanks a million.

      Tom Pannell
      Tulls Bay, NC

    • jhkohnen@boat-links.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
        THE book on developing panel shapes is:

        Ship And Aircraft Fairing And Development for Draftsmen and Loftsmen and
        Sheet Metal Workers by Sam Rabl

        It's available for reasonable prices used (see http://www.abe.com), but
        I've also heard that it's been reprinted recently (or maybe it never went
        out of print?).

        Yes, that's the same Sam Rabl who wrote Boatbuilding in Your Own Back Yard.

        --
        John <jkohnen@...>
        http://www.boat-links.com/
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
          Westie Farmer had some great tales about Sam's experience in designing a
          flash amphibian aircraft, worth looking up at the library ('My Old Boat
          Shop'). Good book anyway, no matter what Thomas Firth Jones says..

          David Romasco

          Ship And Aircraft Fairing And Development for Draftsmen and Loftsmen and
          Sheet Metal Workers by Sam Rabl

          It's available for reasonable prices used (see http://www.abe.com), but
          I've also heard that it's been reprinted recently (or maybe it never
          went
          out of print?).

          Yes, that's the same Sam Rabl who wrote Boatbuilding in Your Own Back
          Yard.

          --
          John <jkohnen@...>
          http://www.boat-links.com/
          Nobody ought to wear a Greek fisherman's hat unless they meet two
          conditions:
          1. He is a Greek
          2. He is a Fisherman <Roy Blount Jr.>

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
          065791:HM/A=847665/R=0/*http:/ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vbW9uc3RlcjcuZGF0=1015
          095251%3eM=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705065791:HM/A=
          847665/R=1>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egrou
          pmail/S=1705065791:HM/A=847665/rand=298844448>

          Bolger rules!!!
          01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349

        • filmokentucky@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
            Please unsuscribe me
          • ravenouspi
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 2, 2002
              --- In bolger@y..., filmokentucky@a... wrote:
              > Please unsuscribe me

              If you are taking this group via email, simply click on the
              Unsubscribe link at the end of your message (it comes in every single
              email post you receive from this group).

              If you are viewing the messages via the web page, click on MY groups,
              then Edit My Groups, and check the appropriate "Leave Group" box.

              Or you could just edit your membership to No Email and just visit the
              group when you wanted via the web page. Remaining a member without
              receiving the daily email or digest.