Re: [bolger] wooden boat scraper

  • Derek Waters
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2002
      Haven't seen the article yet, but cabinet scrapers (those flat steel plates)
      work really nicely on epoxy. The ideal tool - cheap and effective. If you
      don't have an old saw to cut up they are cheap to buy. LV have a bunch of
      sizes and shapes, and carbide burnishers for putting a hook on them. The
      hook is important for shaving, as opposed to scraping.
      My uncle the cabinet-maker turned me onto them years ago, although there
      wasn't any epoxy near his stuff :)

      Cheers
      Derek