Re: gluing MDO

  • rlspell2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2002
      I have pictures on www.chebacco.com/new articles/building the clc,
      where I broke a test but joint of MDO.

      The papaer is at least as strong as the wood.

      If I was building a small boat, I would only glass the joints when
      using MDO. If it will live in the water, or you are building anything
      over about 16ft, I would at least glass the outside.

      --- In bolger@y..., Fritz Funk <fritzf@a...> wrote:
      > Yes, you can glue MDO just fine without sanding off the paper -
      where I
      > sanded the paper off I was gouging out a "hole" so the layers of
      glass
      > cloth would be fair with the surface.
      >
      > --Fritz
      >
      > At 02:39 AM 2/28/2002 +0000, you wrote:
      > >Can you glue MDO without sanding off the paper? Epoxy or PL? What
      > >about fiberglass butt splices? Fritz Funk sanded off the paper.
      Also
      > >does the paper laminate mean I do not need to fiberglass the whole
      > >hull, just the seams? Does anyone have any experience with this?
      It
      > >should hold paint well.
      > >
      > >Charles
      > >

      > >Bolger rules!!!
      > >- no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, or flogging dead horses
      > >- pls take "personals" off-list, stay on topic, and punctuate
      > >- add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts, snip all you
      like
      > >- To order plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester,
      MA,

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      > Fritz Funk
      > Phone: (H): (907)780-4261 (W):(907)465-6113
      > My Boat Page: http://www.alaska.net/~fritzf/Boats/Boats.htm
      > (Bolger power sharpie "Sneakeasy" and other projects)
      >
      > B-24 Aircrew "Roger the Lodger": http://www.alaska.net/~fritzf/B24/
      >
      > Joe's HomeSchool Project - Blending Aviation and Computer
      Technologies in
      http://www.alaska.net/~fritzf/Aviation/FlightSchool/