Re: Countdown to launch: It's registered!!!! VHF Q's

  • pvanderwaart
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2002
      > I have been following the Delmarva (is that correct)
      circumnavigation article in MAIB.

      A few years ago, I was off Delmarva with a friend and he was unable
      to use his cell phone because of a configuration problem. I have the
      same trouble in downtown NYC with my phone. My cell phone used to
      work great in the middle of Long Island Sound, but not it does not. I
      assume it's because they are shutting down analog coverage as the
      world goes digital.

      Neither phone nor VHF is going to be 100% reliable, unfortunately. -
      PHV