Re: [bolger] Re: Lily ??

  • Clyde S. Wisner
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 8, 2002
      We really enjoy our Lily. She does just what she 's supposed to do" a pleasant ride for sight seeing
      and just looking around. I like the umbrella but wind is hard on the shaft. I built her with wire
      ties and temporary drywall screws. The bow and stern are completely full of foam. Doing it again I
      would build a cooler into rear deck and drain it into motor well. I did make some cosmetic changes:
      crown in decks, sloped seats like chair seats, made top of house one piece, and moved all the
      electric except the circuit breaker into house, so I have only 1 heavey battery cable sized wire
      going to stern. I figure the boat cost about a thousand to build with Okoume, and about two thousand
      for electrics and motor. I initially left out electronic meter but later added it. Since I keep it on
      a trailer and seldom travel for 8 hrs, I wouldn't mess with the $200 meter again as I'm not worried
      about state of charge. I just plug in when I'm home. Sorry to be so verbous. Lily Plus was put aside
      at PCB's urging, and he suggested Summer Ease, which is very similar looking. About this time I got a
      really good buy on a Freedom 21, so I didn't go forward with either. Freedom 21 is about as close as
      I think you can get to the "Keel Day Sailer" in BWAOM. Not in looks but in function.