What PCB **REALLY** must hate!

  • pvanderwaart
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2002
      Whatever PCB thinks about this group and its postings, the sort of
      thing that must really make his blood boil is here:

      http://www.m2marine.com/index.htm

      They change his design, and use his reputation and drawing to sell
      it. If this is not actually actionable, it is very, very close.

      Peter

      (I suppose it is possible they have his permission and are paying him
      a royalty, but if they were, I think the text would be somewhat
      different.)
    • roger99a
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2002
        Did they really change it? Look at this page! It's right out of
        Payson's book!

        http://www.m2marine.com/page405092.htm

        Roger S

        --- In bolger@y..., "pvanderwaart" <pvanderwaart@y...> wrote:

        > Whatever PCB thinks about this group and its postings, the sort of
        > thing that must really make his blood boil is here:
        >
        > http://www.m2marine.com/index.htm
        >
        > They change his design, and use his reputation and drawing to sell
        > it. If this is not actually actionable, it is very, very close.
        >
        > Peter
        >
        > (I suppose it is possible they have his permission and are paying
        him
        > a royalty, but if they were, I think the text would be somewhat
        > different.)
      • steelcb
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2002
          True, if you look closely at the design page the legend reads:

          Philip C. Bolger.

          They must be paying royalties for sales of boats built to the design -
          like Dynamite.

          Tom P
        • pseudospark
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2002
            --- In bolger@y..., "pvanderwaart" <pvanderwaart@y...> wrote:
            > (I suppose it is possible they have his permission and are paying
            > him a royalty, but if they were, I think the text would be somewhat
            > different.)

            Yes, like the words "Derived loosely from the popular 'Bolger Light
            Schooner' drawn by the legendary Phil Bolger"

            Loosely???

            Steve Hansen