Re: [bolger] Request to truncate replies

  • StepHydro@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2002
      I am making another polite request that folks truncate their replies. Unless
      you receive the Digest, you may not realize how burdensome it is to wade
      through all the verbiage to get to the message.

      It is not uncommon for someone to give a one-line reply to a post and include
      the *entire* original post with all the headers and footers. Then someone
      else wil reply and include all that reply, plus the headeres and footers of
      *his* reply. Unbelievably, I've seen this done through 4 replies. The
      distance on the screen (scroll distance) on one such reply was 64 page-down
      operations to find the next posting.

      Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, truncate to just the bit to which
      you are replying. (ans leave out those headers and footers :-)

      Please???

      Don Carron