Phil Smith's message

  • Bill Samson
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2002
      Hi,

      It's great to see the PCB&F point of view spelled out. Thanks, Phil, for taking the trouble to do so.

      I can fully understand why they wouldn't want to get involved in advising on design mods for the best part of 700 designs.

      My own view is that Phil's plans are usually perfectly clear, and if I choose to build from one, I'll build it as specified. That way I don't run into any problems, and don't encroach on Phil's valuable time. The guy knows what he is doing and has put a great deal of thought into his designs, so I would feel not a little presumptious to suggest changes to them. Asking for clarification is, of course, a different issue.

      I would vote for excluding any reference to alternative sources for PCB&F's plans. I'm sure that if we did include them (with the probable exception of Payson), there would be no further cooperation on the project from them. That wouldn't be in our interests, or theirs.

      Sorry to sound preachy. There, I'm smiling again! ;)

      Bill Samson

    • ccarterkk
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2002
        Bill is absolutely right. I might add that this should be a database
        of information for people who like Bolger's designs, and find them
        interesting and instructinve and inspirational. I would like to see
        it include sources published comments about each design by the
        designer and by others.