Re: [bolger] Re: Micro vs. Divorce

  • Bruce Fountain
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 30, 2002
      On Thursday 31 January 2002 12:01, pepcruells wrote:
      > How much would it be sending it to Barcelona, Spain? Maybe in a 20'
      > container? I know it's a crazy idea, just wondering... Last monday I
      > came back from Egypt (couldn't say no to a wonderful offer) and I
      > think the Micro would be perfect to sail the Mediterranean and the
      > Nile. Day & Night dreaming...

      www.duckflatwoodenboats.com quote about AU$5500 (about
      US$2750) to send a boat from Australia to europe or the US via
      consolidated container. I expect it would be less between the
      US and europe.

      Bruce
    • vexatious2001
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 30, 2002
        --- In bolger@y..., "rmdeming" <bcsb@h...> wrote:

        > > Where do I turn?
        >
        > Don,
        > Keep the boat! Just pospone any more building for a while till
        things
        > blow over (one way or the other).
        > a penny's worth,
        > Rich

        Probably good advice. If it can sit where it is
        for a while, and it isn't "eating" anything, why not
        keep it.

        Home-built boats don't fetch much money around the
        midwest, and partially-built ones, even less.

        Working on my boat tends to make me forget about
        some of the more-screwed-up-facets of my life. I figure
        it's cheaper than paying a "therapist."

        Even if it is not for sale, would still like to see it
        sometime. Only seen one Micro before.

        And I do have the plans...

        Max
      • Francisco Ramírez
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 31, 2002
          Pep, if you want to sail a Micro in the mediterranean, you will... (if you are veeery patient!)

          I'm currently building one in Teià (16 km from Barcelona). The progress is slow but steady, and my
          hull is now almost complete.

          Regards

          Francisco Ramírez, from Premià de Mar - Barcelona (Spain), not already sailing the Mediterranean,
          even not the shores of the St. Lawrence...